OCERS Benefits as Income

Yahoo Bot

Must have scrolled right by it. thanks Link
>
> If you search the CDCBAA Archive we just had a discussion on exempting retirement and tax exempt accounts last week. That discussion might be helpful.
>
> Link Schrader, Attorney
> Law Office of Link W. Schrader
>
JLG
> Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:58 PM
> To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [cdcbaa] OCERS Benefits as Income
>
>
>
> Listmates:
>
> Has anyone dealt with benefits for service connected disability retirement from Orange County?
>
> The award letter states
>
> "... the benefit will continue as long as the OCERS' Board of Retirement deems you disabled. After age 55, it becomes a lifetime benefit.
>
> In addition, because you have been awarded a service-connected disability retirement, your benefits are tax-free ...."
>
> I'm thinking 704.110 and/or 703.140(b)(10)(C) in analyzing exemption.
>
> Far as I know there is no SSI component.
>
> If anybody has experience with these awards as exempted or as income feel free to reply or contact me off-list john@...
>
> Thank you
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

If you search the CDCBAA Archive we just had a discussion on exempting retirement and tax exempt accounts last week. That discussion might be helpful.
Link Schrader, Attorney
Law Office of Link W. Schrader

Yahoo Bot

Listmates:
Has anyone dealt with benefits for service connected disability retirement from Orange County?
The award letter states
"... the benefit will continue as long as the OCERS' Board of Retirement deems you disabled. After age 55, it becomes a lifetime benefit.
In addition, because you have been awarded a service-connected disability retirement, your benefits are tax-free ...."
I'm thinking 704.110 and/or 703.140(b)(10)(C) in analyzing exemption.
Far as I know there is no SSI component.
If anybody has experience with these awards as exempted or as income feel free to reply or contact me off-list john@greifenlaw.com
Thank you