Prospective Ch 7 client with surplus on I and J=20=20=20

Yahoo Bot

Did you calculate the means test ? Usually if the client has such a big surplus they cannot pass the means test anyway. Alternatively, his expenses are not realistic. Maybe he is staying with relatives and not paying any rent, that could also be causing the surplus.
Pat Said.
Patricia Said
Attorney at Law
13443 McCormick Street
Sherman Oaks, CA 91401
(818)789-0781 fax (818)789-5820
patriciahsaid@yahoo.com
This electronic message contains information from the Law Office of Patricia Said which may be privileged and confidential.
The information is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this email is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender.
On Monday, September 8, 2014 3:21 PM, "Shannon Doyle sdoyle@ebankruptcyassistants.com [cdcbaa]" wrote:
Does debtor receive social security? Otherwise a trustee is sure to object. I know they are tough on expenses in the eastern district but
does debtor need a reliable vehicle to get to work? Does debtor have minor children that he/she pays school supplies, or elderly parents to help? A student loan? Sometimes after speaking with debtor you can find overlooked expenses. I had a debtor that was sending $500 month to parents in the Philipines. Initially, he didnt want to tell me this because he thought it wasnt allowed.
From:cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com [mailto:cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 3:03 PM
To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [cdcbaa] Prospective Ch 7 client with surplus on I and J
Hello listmates:
We have a prospective client who wants to file a Ch 7 in the eastern district. The only issue is that the client has a surplus of about $500 on his Sch I and J. He would like to avoid a Ch 13 but I'm not sure if this surplus would pass muster with the trustee.
Looking for any input you all might have.
Thanks
Mike
Mike Manning
4667 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 150 | Newport Beach, California 92660
o 949.200-8757 ext 1009 | f 866.843.8308
mike@manninglawoffice.com
manninglawoffice.com
Important Consumer Discolsure
The Law Offices of Joseph R. Manning, Jr., APC believe in adhering to the highest ethical standards in the practice of law. Consequently, this law office voluntarily provides potential clients with consumer protection disclosures: Please email me for a copy of these disclosures or visit http://www.manningloanlaw.com/billofrights.html
The information contained in this electronic transmission is attorney privileged and confidential information intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error please notify the sender via telephone and delete this transmission. Thank you.

The post was migrated from Yahoo.