Filing for divorce during pendency of bk

Yahoo Bot

I realized I already knew the answer a little after I sent the email. Guess I was having end of week/end of day brain freeze and got a little too quick with the send button.
Im not sure your response was less distracting to 200+ lawyers than mine was. But regardless of that, in the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson,
Have a nice weekend all.
Pasadena, California 91101
Tel.: (626) 405-9448
Fax: (626) 768-7565
Cell: (213) 842-6645
Email: matthew@matthewgaryevanslaw.com
www.matthewgaryevanslaw.com
Member: Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Pasadena Chamber of Commerce
NOTICE: This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee please do not disseminate, print, or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you.

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Hi:
Will anyone be in Los Angeles on Monday - Judge Kaufman at 2:00 ? Or somewhere around there? I have a continued hearing on MRS that all the payments have been made, declarations filed with the court, opp counsel has not replied to my requests to withdraw the motion, to late to ask for telephonic with Kaufman - must ask many days in advance, and I can't be there.know. Glad to compensate.
Thanks.
Catherine.
Law Office of Catherine Christiansen
1077 E Pacific Coast Hwy #210
Seal Beach, CA, 90740
Tel: (562) 361-8721
Fax: (562) 490-8572
attorneychristiansen@gmail.comThis e-mail is private and confidential and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named or otherwise identified herein. If you are not named or otherwise identified as an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail message and any copies thereof and immediately notify Christiansen Law Offices by e-mail or by telephone (562)608-8368. ion, Christiansen Law Offices does not represent you, and this email does not contain anylegal advicefor you. NOTICE: We are a federally designated Debt Relief Agency under the United States Bankruptcy Laws.We assist people with finding solutions to their debt problems,including filing petitions for relief under the Bankruptcy Code
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I amyour God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with myvictorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NLT
Hi:Will anyone be in Los Angeles on Monday - Judge Kaufman at 2:00 ? Or somewhere around there? I have a continued hearing on MRS that all the payments have been made, declarations filed with the court, opp counsel has not replied to my requests to withdraw the motion, to late to ask for telephonic with Kaufman - must ask many days in advance, and I can't be there. I will be at the CEB tomorrow if anyone is available. Please let me know. Glad to compensate. Thanks.Catherine.Law Office of Catherine Christiansen1077 E Pacific Coast Hwy #210Seal Beach, CA, 90740Tel: (562) 361-8721Fax: (562) 490-8572attorneychristiansen@gmail.com
Yahoo Bot

Matthew:
There is a code section which deals directly with this problem. I understand that it is easier to just ask questions, but please look at the code before just posting questions for 200 + lawyers to read. see 362b2A(iv).
Really, now I am speaking to all of the readers of this listserve, If you haven't read the code, cover to cover, and have a pretty good idea what is in the code, maybe you should be doing divorces.
Read the code once every year. Never let two years go by without sitting down and reading the code cover to cover. You forget things if you do not continuously read the code.
dennis
rote:

Yahoo Bot

H&W filed a joint C7 bk. One spouse wants to file for divorce. Must the
spouse wait for the bk case to be closed first, or may the divorce case be
filed during pendency of the bk?
Pasadena, California 91101
Tel.: (626) 405-9448
Fax: (626) 768-7565
Cell: (213) 842-6645
Email: matthew@matthewgaryevanslaw.com
www.matthewgaryevanslaw.com
Member: Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Central District
Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association, National Association of Consumer
Bankruptcy Attorneys, Pasadena Chamber of Commerce
NOTICE: This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are
not the named addressee please do not disseminate, print, or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
Thank you.