January 17 - How soon we forget

Yahoo Bot

Thanks, Jon.
Yes, so much attention now on Haiti, but how the earth shook at 4:31 am, and how dark it was without so much as a moon lit sky. People came together, block by block to help one another. It was following the 1994 Earthquake that the bankruptcy court started allowing some of us to call into court for appearances, because the freeways were down (the 5 and 14 had collapsed cutting off Santa Clarita from the rest of LA. And, one year later, on January 17, 1995, the earth shook again, but this time in Kobi, Japan. We should not forget that we live in Earthquake country!!
Lou Esbin
>
> I think I posted this last year. Today is the date of the Northridge earthquake - 4:27 a.m. The violence was incomprehendable for about 10 seconds and it was just a giant earthquake for about a minute after that.
>
> By the way, it is also the birthday of Muhammad Ali, James Earl Jones, Andy Kaufman, Al Capone, Michelle Obama, Jim Carrey, Rock Hudson, Benjamin Franklin. Just musing. JH
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

I think I posted this last year. Today is the date of the Northridge earthquake - 4:27 a.m. The violence was incomprehendable for about 10 seconds and it was just a giant earthquake for about a minute after that.
By the way, it is also the birthday of Muhammad Ali, James Earl Jones, Andy Kaufman, Al Capone, Michelle Obama, Jim Carrey, Rock Hudson, Benjamin Franklin. Just musing. JH

The post was migrated from Yahoo.