Homestead for Previously Transferred Property

Yahoo Bot

Dead on cite Larry. It led me to an on point case. THANKS!
>
> Take a look at In re Glass 60 F.3d 565 (9th Cir. 1995) discussing 522(g)
>
jbsesq1965
> Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 10:47 AM
> To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [cdcbaa] Homestead for Previously Transferred Property
>
>
>
> I have researched this for 2 hours today and feel like I am chasing my tail so here is the question.
>
> I know there are cases that deny a California homestead on residential property that the debtor transferred to his/her corporation, (or brother or sister), before the BK and forgot to transfer back before the BK, even if the debtor lives there and the corp is 100% owned by the debtor. Essentially the debtor must have BOTH residency and an interest in the TITLE to get the automatic homestead.
>
> I KNOW I have read cases that say that, but I cannot for the life of me find those this morning.
>
> Does anyone have a case name for that fact pattern/holding?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Smith
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Take a look at In re Glass 60 F.3d 565 (9th Cir. 1995) discussing 522(g)

Yahoo Bot

I have researched this for 2 hours today and feel like I am chasing my tail so here is the question.
I know there are cases that deny a California homestead on residential property that the debtor transferred to his/her corporation, (or brother or sister), before the BK and forgot to transfer back before the BK, even if the debtor lives there and the corp is 100% owned by the debtor. Essentially the debtor must have BOTH residency and an interest in the TITLE to get the automatic homestead.
I KNOW I have read cases that say that, but I cannot for the life of me find those this morning.
Does anyone have a case name for that fact pattern/holding?
Thanks.
Jeff Smith