Discharge violations

Yahoo Bot

Thank you Jon, thank you Steven - she is dealing with "Payroll" when calling LAUSD - I will deal with legal and didn't get the letter out today but will do so tomorrow. Hopefully that will do the trick. LAUSD is an odd bird to say the least.
Thank you.
>
> I had the same thing occur. I sent a certified letter to the person I spoke to advising her that I will name her in a contempt action personally.
>
> You would be amazed how that speeded up the process!
>
>
>
> Jonathan Leventhal, Esq..
> Leventhal Law Group, P.C.
> 818-347-5800
>
> NO EX-PARTE NOTICE VIA VOICE MAIL OR EMAIL: I do not accept e-mail notice for ex parte Applications via voicemail or by email. You must comply with California Law and give notice to a person in my office during regular business hours.
>
> This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.
>
> Leventhal Law Group, P.C. is a Debt Relief Agency under federal law.
>
> Note: The Leventhal Law Group, P.C. does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and a representative of the Leventhal Law Group, P.C. and all fees listed in the agreement have been paid.
>
> On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:16 AM, "riprapbiz" > wrote:
>
>
>
> Steven,
>
> Would you be so kind as to update me on the outcome of this case? I just filed a Chapter 7 petition for a young lady who owes LAUSD 88K for overpayments from 2007 and 2008. LAUSD claims they need at least 10 days warning to stop the garnishment - administratively speaking. Once they received proof (well within the 10 day period) they told my client they won't stop garnishing until after the 341(a) hearing. I became paranoid and have read and re-read 362(a) & (b) and the Blumfield book and I don't find any basis for this failure to honor the Automatic Stay. Today I was informed that my client got a letter from LAUSD saying that they overpaid her on her last check by $488 - Dec 2012.
>
> Do they have a basis? (no)
> What address did you use?
> Anything else you discovered?
>
> Thank you!
> Sandy
>
> Sandra Maria Nutt, Attorney at Law
> 5910 Van Nuys Boulevard
> Van Nuys, California 91401
> Tel: (818) 988-8878
> Fax: (818) 988-8339
> SandraNutt1234@...
> Web site: SandraNuttAttorneyAtLaw.com
> ALU Alumni http://www.AllThingsALU.com
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Sandy:
I never heard a complaint from the client that had an overpayment, so
I'm assuming they did not continue to offset her wages. I know you
found something in 2009 when I queried this group on that issue. I
don't recall who the client was at this point. They never said they
would continue to offset her paycheck after we filed.
Steve

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Steven,
Would you be so kind as to update me on the outcome of this case? I just filed a Chapter 7 petition for a young lady who owes LAUSD 88K for overpayments from 2007 and 2008. LAUSD claims they need at least 10 days warning to stop the garnishment - administratively speaking. Once they received proof (well within the 10 day period) they told my client they won't stop garnishing until after the 341(a) hearing. I became paranoid and have read and re-read 362(a) & (b) and the Blumfield book and I don't find any basis for this failure to honor the Automatic Stay. Today I was informed that my client got a letter from LAUSD saying that they overpaid her on her last check by $488 - Dec 2012.
Do they have a basis? (no)
What address did you use?
Anything else you discovered?
Thank you!
Sandy
Sandra Maria Nutt, Attorney at Law
5910 Van Nuys Boulevard
Van Nuys, California 91401
Tel: (818) 988-8878
Fax: (818) 988-8339
SandraNutt1234@gmail.com
Web site: SandraNuttAttorneyAtLaw.com