Private collectors authorized by IRS to collect debts

Yahoo Bot

In another email I got on this subject, it is reported that taxpayers have the option of refusing to work with a private-sector collector. I foresee a blanket refusal on the part of my clients.Tax collection is a government function, not a private-sector function.- John D. Faucher818/889-8080
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:22 AM, "Patrick Green pat@fitzgreenlaw.com [cdcbaa]" wrote:
FYI: From another listserv- The IRS has selected the following contractors to carry out certain collection activities in its referrals to private debt collectors program next year: CBE Group 1309 Technology Pkwy Cedar Falls, IA 50613 Conserve 200 CrossKeys Office park Fairport, NY 14450 Performant 333 N Canyons Pkwy Livermore, CA 94551 Pioneer 325 Daniel Zenker Dr Horseheads, NY 14845 According to the IRS, these private collection agencies will work on accounts where taxpayers owe money, but the IRS is no longer actively working their accounts. Several factors contribute to the IRS assigning these accounts to private collection agencies, including older, overdue tax accounts or lack of resources preventing the IRS from working the cases. ontractors of the IRS collecting taxes. "Employees of these collection agencies must follow the provisions of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and must be courteous and respect taxpayer rights." For more information, you can go to IRS.gov, and key in Private Debt Collection. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. orneys at Law 1010 E. Union St. Suite 206 Pasadena, CA 91106 Tel:
The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

FYI: From another listserv-
The IRS has selected the following contractors to carry out certain collection activities in its referrals to private debt collectors program next year:
CBE Group 1309 Technology Pkwy Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Conserve 200 CrossKeys Office park Fairport, NY 14450
Performant 333 N Canyons Pkwy Livermore, CA 94551
Pioneer 325 Daniel Zenker Dr Horseheads, NY 14845
According to the IRS, these "private collection agencies will work on accounts where taxpayers owe money, but the IRS is no longer actively working their accounts. Several factors contribute to the IRS assigning these accounts to private collection agencies, including older, overdue tax accounts or lack of resources preventing the IRS from working the cases."
Private collection agencies will be able to identify themselves as contractors of the IRS collecting taxes. "Employees of these collection agencies must follow the provisions of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and must be courteous and respect taxpayer rights." For more information, you can go to IRS.gov, and key in "Private Debt Collection".
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Pat
Patrick T. Green
Attorney at Law
Fitzgerald & Green, Attorneys at Law
1010 E. Union St. Suite 206
Pasadena, CA 91106
Tel: (626) 449-8433
Fax: (626) 449-0565
pat@fitzgreenlaw.com

The post was migrated from Yahoo.