Unusual transfer of real property

Yahoo Bot

Yes. In re adeeb. 9th Cir.
787 F.2d 1339 (1986)
Thanks,
Dennis
On Aug 31, 2013, at 1:37 PM, wrote:
> I have Chapter 13 clients who will have a feasible plan. When they were trying to get a loan mod, the firm they hired told them that they needed to file for legal separation and transfer the house into wife's name only since she had the better credit. In January 2013, they did both of those things but (surprise) got no loan mod. The legal separation has been vacated, but the house remains in wife's name. As you can imagine, this has been very stressful for the couple. I would like to quitclaim the house back into both of their names so the title is properly recorded before filing the Ch 13. We would, of course, disclose these transfers. Does this sound like the correct way to proceed?
>
>
>
> Laura E. Young
>
> Law Offices of Laura E. Young
>
> c/o Potier Law Group
>
> 5090 E. Los Coyotes Diagonal
>
> Long Beach CA 90815
>
> 562-986-9900
>
>
Yes. In re adeeb. 9th Cir.787 F.2d 1339 (1986)Thanks,DennisOn Aug 31, 2013, at 1:37 PM, <lyounglaw@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have Chapter 13 clients who will have a feasible plan. When they were trying to get a loan mod, the firm they hired told them that they needed to file for legal separation and transfer the house into wife's name only since she had the better credit. In January 2013, they did both of those things but (surprise) got no loan mod. The legal separation has been vacated, but the house remains in wife's name. As you can imagine, this has been very stressful for the couple. I would like to quitclaim the house back into both of their names so the title is properly recorded before filing the Ch 13. We would, of course, disclose these transfers. Does this sound like the correct way to proceed?

Laura E. Young
Law Offices of Laura E. Young
c/o Potier Law Group
5090 E. Los Coyotes Diagonal
Long Beach CA 90815
562-986-9900

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Yes disclose and undo. BTW have them report the loan mod company - if they paid them money - on the SOFA, even if it was more than 1 year ago.
Law Office of Catherine Christiansen
17011 Beach Blvd. Ste 900, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Tel: (714) 375-6651 Fax: (562) 490-8572
attorneychristiansen@gmail.com
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:37 PM
Subject: [cdcbaa] Unusual transfer of real property
I haveChapter 13 clients who will have a feasible plan. When they were trying to get a loan mod, the firm they hired told them that they needed to file for legal separation and transfer the house into wife's name only since she had the better credit.In January 2013, they did both of those things but (surprise)got no loan mod. The legal separation has been vacated, but the house remains in wife's name.As you can imagine, this has been very stressful for the couple. I would like to quitclaim the house back into both of their names so the title is properly recorded before filing the Ch 13. We would, of course, disclose these transfers. Does this sound like the correct way to proceed?
Laura E. Young
Law Offices of Laura E. Young
c/o Potier Law Group
5090 E. Los Coyotes Diagonal
Long Beach CA 90815
562-986-9900

The post was migrated from Yahoo.