Interpleader and Cal Com Code 3301 - hijacked from [cdcbaa]

Yahoo Bot

X-eGroups-Edited-By: easky1
Dear Listmates:
I thought I emailed this to the listserv on Friday, but didn't see it posted for whatever reason so trying again.
For those familiar with dealing with the BOE re. tax dischargeability, I'd appreciate your feedback on how get the proper BK info prebankruptcy.
First I checked here: http://www.boe.ca.gov/legal/bankrupt_faq.htm#4 and it says:
"4. I have not yet filed bankruptcy but I am considering it. How do I access information about my account?
You may request information regarding your tax obligations, such as the balance due and the tax returns that have or have not been filed, before filing a bankruptcy petition. A Power of Attorney is required for parties requesting this information other than the debtor. You may contact our Tax Information Section at 800-400-7115 or your local district BOE office to request account information. "
When I called the toll free number, I was told to contact the local BOE office. So when I called the local office, at first I was told on the phone that the client did file sales and use tax reports, but when I asked for a printout or some form of that in writing, I was told to submit all requests in writing and that I could not be given further information by phone.
So I will send a formal request, but if anyone else here has experience with this, please let me know if it sounds like I'm going about things incorrectly. Thanks in advance.
- Jeff

The post was migrated from Yahoo.