Satisfying judgment for nonexistent creditor

Yahoo Bot

charsetndows-1252
There is a procedure, by written demand followed by noticed motion in CCP 724.050; at end, court can issue the clerk to issue a satisfaction of judgment. Sounds like this would go by default.
Jason
Jason Wallach
jwallach@gladstonemichel.com
On Nov 12, 2014, at 3:17 PM, John Faucher j.d.faucher@sbcglobal.net [cdcbaa] wrote:
Hello All:
My client had an abstract of judgment filed against him. He paid the judgment. The creditor never released the lien. Now he needs the lien released, and the corporate creditor has suspended its charter and the principals are nowhere to be found.
I have a witness who can testify that the judgment was paid: the general manager of the business, who received the payments and forwarded to the corporate owners.
Is there any way that I can file a satisfaction of judgment or otherwise release the lien in this case?
- John D. Faucher
818/889-8080
charsetndows-1252
There is a procedure, by written demand followed by noticed motion in CCP 724.050; at end, court can issue the clerk to issue a satisfaction of judgment. Sounds like this would go by default.Jason
Jason Wallach
The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Hello All:
My client had an abstract of judgment filed against him. He paid the judgment. The creditor never released the lien. Now he needs the lien released, and the corporate creditor has suspended its charter and the principals are nowhere to be found.
I have a witness who can testify that the judgment was paid: the general manager of the business, who received the payments and forwarded to the corporate owners.
Is there any way that I can file a satisfaction of judgment or otherwise release the lien in this case?
- John D. Faucher
818/889-8080

The post was migrated from Yahoo.