Chapter 20 lien stripping - Judge Riblet position

Yahoo Bot

For what it's worth, Winitzky just says that you can't propose a 3 year plan immediately after the 7 and strip the lien because doing so violates 1328(f).
Section 1328(f) only says that you can't receive a discharge less than 4 years after receiving a discharge in a Chapter 7 case. So it seems to me you should still be able to do a 4 or 5 year plan in the valley and strip the lien, so long as debtor agrees to commit 100% of PDI over the 4 or 5 year period. Or you could wait a year, then do a three year plan, assuming the property value does not rise enough to prevent a lien strip.
For a debtor who still doesn't have much disposable income after the Chapter 7 case but really wants to keep the house, this could make sense--especially on large second liens that are wholly unsecured. In most situations, debtors are unlikely to pay off a second lien that quickly if they don't do the Chapter 13.
>
> Anyone know if Judge Riblet has taken a position on lien stripping in a Chapter 20 situation? Has she concurred with the Valley Judges in the Winitzky decision that does not allow lien stripping of entirely undersecured juniour trust deeds in Chapter 13's filed after Chapter 7 discharge of the debt?
>
> Mark Jessee
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Judge Kwan is a debtor's attorney. Peter put some great verbiage out on the blog that you would probably be able to use for the Chapter 20.erference with creditors before on my cases where Albert will allow creditors great leniency.
Law Office of Catherine Christiansen
1077 E Pacific Coast Hwy #210
Seal Beach, CA, 90740
Tel: (562) 361-8721
Fax: (562) 490-8572
attorneychristiansen@gmail.comThis e-mail is private and confidential and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named or otherwise identified herein. If you are not named or otherwise identified as an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail message and any copies thereof and immediately notify Christiansen Law Offices by e-mail or by telephone (562)608-8368.f representation, Christiansen Law Offices does not represent you, and this email does not contain anylegal advicefor you. NOTICE:ates Bankruptcy Laws.We assist people with finding solutions to their debt problems,including filing petitions for relief under the Bankruptcy Code
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I amyour God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with myvictorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10 NLT

Yahoo Bot

How about Judge Kwon?
Jacob D. Chang, Esq.
Law Offices of Jacob D. Chang
1600 Wilshire Boulevard, Third Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel: (213) 252-4440
Fax: (213) 738-1116
Email: jacobchang.esq@gmail.com
Please kindly consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
Note: This electronic mail is intended to be received and read only by
certain individuals. It may contain information that is attorney-client
privileged or protected from disclosure by law. If it has been misdirected,
or if you suspect you have received this in error, please notify me by
replying and then delete both the message and reply. Thank you.
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Mark Jessee wrote:
>
>
> Anyone know if Judge Riblet has taken a position on lien stripping in a
> Chapter 20 situation? Has she concurred with the Valley Judges in the
> Winitzky decision that does not allow lien stripping of entirely
> undersecured juniour trust deeds in Chapter 13's filed after Chapter 7
> discharge of the debt?
>
> Mark Jessee
>
>
>
How about Judge Kwon?Jacob D. Chang, Esq.Law Offices of Jacob D. Chang1600 Wilshire Boulevard, Third FloorLos Angeles, CA 90017Tel: (213) 252-4440Fax: (213) 738-1116Email:
Yahoo Bot

Anyone know if Judge Riblet has taken a position on lien stripping in a Chapter 20 situation? Has she concurred with the Valley Judges in the Winitzky decision that does not allow lien stripping of entirely undersecured juniour trust deeds in Chapter 13's filed after Chapter 7 discharge of the debt?
Mark Jessee