Chambers' copies and Ch. 7

Yahoo Bot

In other words, use common sense in applying the Rules...
Mark J. Markus
Law Office of Mark J. Markus
11684 Ventura Blvd. PMB #403
Studio City, CA 91604-2652
(818)509-1173 (818)509-1460 (fax)
Toll Free: 1-866-576-6275
web: http://www.bklaw.com/
This Firm is a Qualified Federal Debt Relief Agency (see what this means at

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

I was at the LACBA BkCommittee meeting yesterday and Judge Bluebond made the following comments. If it's a pleading that you normall serve you should follow the LBR, including service on the Judge. With regard to Schedules, etc.her comment was that in a Chapte 11 it might be appropriate to serve a copy of the judge especially if there are going tobe first day motions, etc. as the judge will want to look at the Schedules in preparation for the hearing. I think for Chapter 7 cases, it's not a requirement. Certainly, the judges rarely see the schedules unless there is a motion brought and that's does not normally happen in the beginning of a case. If in a Chapter 13 there is going to be very early appearances, you might want to serve the Schedules to make sure the Judge has them. Apparently, Judge Bufford has commented that "if you want or need the judgetosee/read the papers, you should serve them on the judge". I don't know if this fully
answers the question,but hopefully it helps.
Andy
Andrew Goodman
LAW OFFICES OF ANDREW GOODMAN
200 N. Westlake Boulevard, Suite 202
Westlake Village, CA. 91362
805-379-2010
805-379-2020-Fax
agoodman2107@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:48:20 PM
Subject: [cdcbaa] Chambers' copies and Ch. 7
What has been the experience of CDCBAA members regarding giving chamber's copiesof filed Ch. 7 petitions?
Are people doing this? If not, have you had any comment from the judges regarding this matter?
Thanks!
Eva L. Taylor, Esq.
Borowitz, Lozano & Clark, LLP
100 N. Barranca Avenue, Suite 250
West Covina, CA 91791
Office: (626) 332-8600
Fax: (626) 332-8644
www.blclaw.com
Privileged/Confiden tial Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
I was at the LACBA Bk Committee meeting yesterday and Judge Bluebond made the following comments. If it's a pleading that you normall serve you should follow the LBR, including service on the Judge. With regard to Schedules, etc. her comment was that in a Chapte 11 it might be appropriate to serve a copy of the judge especially if there are going to be first day motions, etc. as the judge will want to look at the Schedules in preparation for the hearing. I think for Chapter 7 cases, it's not a requirement. Certainly, the judges rarely see the schedules unless there is a motion brought and that's does not normally happen in the beginning of a case. If in a Chapter 13 there is going to be very early appearances, you might want to serve the Schedules to make sure the Judge has them. Apparently, Judge Bufford has commented that "if you want or need the judge to see/read the papers, you should serve them on the judge". I
don't know if this fully answers the question, but hopefully it helps.
Andy
Andrew GoodmanLAW OFFICES OF ANDREW GOODMAN200 N. Westlake Boulevard, Suite 202Westlake Village, CA. 91362805-379-2010805-379-2020-Fax
agoodman2107@yahoo.com

From: Eva Taylor <eltblc@yahoo.com>To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:48:20 PMSubject: [cdcbaa] Chambers' copies and Ch. 7
What has been the experience of CDCBAA members regarding giving chamber's copies of filed Ch. 7 petitions?

Are people doing this? If not, have you had any comment from the judges regarding this matter?

Thanks!

Eva L. Taylor, Esq.
Borowitz, Lozano & Clark, LLP100 N. Barranca Avenue, Suite 250West Covina, CA 91791Office: (626) 332-8600Fax: (626) 332-8644
www.blclaw.com
Privileged/Confiden tial Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Yahoo Bot

I'm not doing it and won't until someone of note makes an issue out of it
and then I'll possibly reevaluate.
Mark J. Markus
Law Office of Mark J. Markus
11684 Ventura Blvd. PMB #403
Studio City, CA 91604-2652
(818)509-1173 (818)509-1460 (fax)
Toll Free: 1-866-576-6275
web: http://www.bklaw.com/
This Firm is a Qualified Federal Debt Relief Agency (see what this means at

Yahoo Bot

What has been the experience of CDCBAA members regarding giving chamber's copiesof filed Ch. 7 petitions?
Thanks!
Eva L. Taylor, Esq.
Borowitz, Lozano & Clark, LLP
100 N. Barranca Avenue, Suite 250
West Covina, CA 91791
Office: (626) 332-8600
Fax: (626) 332-8644
www.blclaw.com
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
What has been the experience of CDCBAA members regarding giving chamber's copies of filed Ch. 7 petitions?

Thanks!

Eva L. Taylor, Esq.