Forgotten Judgement Creditor in a Ch 11 - can they pursue their judgement after

Yahoo Bot

No - judgment predates the Bankruptcy filing.
>
> Was judgment a violation of stay? Was debt prepetition? 523a3
>
> Best file a 523 suit now, while plan is pending.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:55 PM, "shawnswhite" wrote:
>
> the company emerges from the Ch 11?
>
> I don't handle CH 11 and I rarely advise creditors but here is the situation.
>
> Creditor has a judgement against Debtor corp. Creditor was never notified of the BK nor listed on the schedules. They have not filed a claim. They learned of the BK 1/2 thru the plan period. It is well past the deadline to file a claim.
>
> Do they have a duty to notify the Debtor, Court etc. and try to make a claim in the Bankruptcy Court? Or can they wait until the plan is over and enforce their judgement against the Debtor Corp?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Shawn
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Was judgment a violation of stay? Was debt prepetition? 523a3
Best file a 523 suit now, while plan is pending.
Sent from my iPhone
On Jul 9, 2010, at 1:55 PM, "shawnswhite" wrote:
the company emerges from the Ch 11?
I don't handle CH 11 and I rarely advise creditors but here is the situation.
Creditor has a judgement against Debtor corp. Creditor was never notified of the BK nor listed on the schedules. They have not filed a claim. They learned of the BK 1/2 thru the plan period. It is well past the deadline to file a claim.
Do they have a duty to notify the Debtor, Court etc. and try to make a claim in the Bankruptcy Court? Or can they wait until the plan is over and enforce their judgement against the Debtor Corp?
Thank you.
Shawn
Was judgment a violation of stay? Was debt prepetition? 523a3Best file a 523 suit now, while plan is pending.Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 9, 2010, at 1:55 PM, "shawnswhite" <shawn@cabankrupt.com> wrote:

Creditor has a judgement against Debtor corp. Creditor was never notified of the BK nor listed on the schedules. They have not filed a claim. They learned of the BK 1/2 thru the plan period. It is well past the deadline to file a claim.
Do they have a duty to notify the Debtor, Court etc. and try to make a claim in the Bankruptcy Court? Or can they wait until the plan is over and enforce their judgement against the Debtor Corp?
Thank you.
Shawn

Yahoo Bot

Thank you.
Shawn