Firefighter nixes BK as option

Yahoo Bot

LAFD is not hiring anyone right now. If he wants to be hired by another city he has to pass a physical exam, a written exam and a personal interview. Nobody knows why they aren't hired, and it wouldn't be just one thing. They don't tell you why you aren't hired. The better question is what does it take to get hired when there are 500 applicants at least for each job, many of whom have gone to the fire academy, some who have a degree in the field, or who have worked in the military police/fire or for a private fire department. If your PC has no background in the field, training or experience, his bankruptcy is the least of his problems.
Margaret Norman,
111 N. Sepulveda Blvd. #355
Manhattan Beach, Ca. 90266
310-376-7873

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Tell him to get it in writing that the reason they are denying him employment is because of bankruptcy. Then use 525(a).
Nicholas Gebelt, Ph.D., J.D.
Law Offices of Nicholas Gebelt
15150 Hornell Street
Whittier, CA 90604
Phone: 562.777.9159
FAX: 562.946.1365
Email: ngebelt@goodbye2debt.com
Web: www.goodbye2debt.com
Confidentiality Note: This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately at
562.777.9159 or e-mail info@goodbye2debt.com and destroy the original message and all copies.
Representation Note: If you have not signed a contract of representation, the Law Offices of Nicholas Gebelt do not represent you, and this email does not contain any legal advice for you.

Yahoo Bot

charset="ISO-8859-1"
Hello all -
I have a potential client who should file a chapter 7 bankruptcy, but
wont because he wants to become a firefighter, and says that local
governments will do a background check and turn him down if he has a
bankruptcy on his record. I plan to tell him that a bankruptcy is going to
look a whole lot better to a hiring agency than years of not meeting
financial obligations, but does anyone else have any real-world experience
in this matter?
>>> - John D. Faucher
charset="ISO-8859-1"
Firefighter nixes BK as option
Hello all -
I have a potential client who should file a chapter 7 bankruptcy, but won’t because he wants to become a firefighter, and says that local governments will do a background check and turn him down if he has a bankruptcy on his record. I plan to tell him that a bankruptcy is going to look a whole lot better to a hiring agency than years of not meeting financial obligations, but does anyone else have any real-world experience in this matter?
- John D. Faucher