VZ Chapter 13 - no more earlier consent calendar

Yahoo Bot

Just happened to me. After I satisfy some minor trustee issues I am filing a motion to set an earlier confirmation hearing date. There is no reason for creditors not to start getting paid until 18 months after the case is filed. The judges rules on the website still refer to only the court or the trustee setting an initial or a continued confirmation hearing, by self calendaring. Seems logical that debtor can move for a new hearing date then serve that order with an amended hearing notice stating the 14 day objection period. That avoids any extra work for the trustee and flushes out any objections earlier in the case. But its probably better to wait out the 70 days claim deadline first.
Sent from my iPhone
> On Mar 2, 2018, at 1:48 PM, 'Gregory Grigoryants' listservecdcbaagg@yahoo.com [cdcbaa] wrote:
>
>
>
> As you all know, chapter 13 confirmation hearing on VZs calendar sets 1 year form the filing of the case. In many of my cases, we complied with the trustees requirements and the cases were put on the first available consent calendar. I just found out that with the new LBRs on Chapter 13, there will be no more earlier consent calendar.
>
>
>
> This raises an issue of attorney fee that are put into the plan that now will be paid a year from the filing. Any thoughts on how to get around that? Maybe a motion to move the confirmation to an earlier date?
>
>
>
> I would appreciate any ideas!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Reply-To: "Gregory Grigoryants"
X-Original-Return-Path: "Gregory Grigoryants"
To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: groups-system
As you all know, chapter 13 confirmation hearing on VZ's calendar sets 1
year form the filing of the case. In many of my cases, we complied with the
trustee's requirements and the cases were put on the first available consent
calendar. I just found out that with the new LBRs on Chapter 13, there will
be no more earlier consent calendar.
This raises an issue of attorney fee that are put into the plan that now
will be paid a year from the filing. Any thoughts on how to get around that?
Maybe a motion to move the confirmation to an earlier date?
I would appreciate any ideas!

The post was migrated from Yahoo.