Cooksey Reaffirmation / Non-Filing Co-Debtor

Yahoo Bot

Code is not their concern. They see it as a breach.
They are crazy that they may repo the car.
Jonathan Leventhal, Esq.
Leventhal Law Group, P.C.
818-347-5800
To: "cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: 03/05/2012 4:07 PM
Subject: [cdcbaa] Cooksey Reaffirmation / Non-Filing Co-Debtor
I'm amazed this issue hasn't come up for me before, and maybe it has, but I just don't remember.
My client co-signs for daughter's car with Ford Motor Credit. Cooksey sends their usual reaffirmation agreement. I call them up and tell them that in this particular case, parent co-signed for daughter, who did not file, and daughter will still make payments, etc. No reason for mom to sign a reaff. Their response was to get hostile and say doesn't matter, we can and will repossess daughter's car if the co-signer doesn't sign/file the reaff. I said I've got the Code in front of me, please point that out to me, and as soon as you do, I'll immediateyl forward it along to the client. Their response was literally silence, followed by they're not going to discuss the matter.
In any case, am I wrong? Seems patently absurd, and I can't find anything in the Code supporting their position.
Todd Mannis, Esq.
Calabasas
Code is not their concern. They see it as a breach.
They are crazy that they may repo the car.
Jonathan Leventhal, Esq.
Leventhal Law Group, P.C.
818-347-5800
To: "cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com" <cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 03/05/2012 4:07 PM
Subject: [cdcbaa] Cooksey Reaffirmation / Non-Filing Co-Debtor

I'm amazed this issue hasn't come up for me before, and maybe it has, but I just don't remember.
My client co-signs for daughter's car with Ford Motor Credit. Cooksey sends their usual reaffirmation agreement. I call them up and tell them that in this particular case, parent co-signed for daughter, who did not file, and daughter will still make payments,
etc. No reason for mom to sign a reaff. Their response was to get hostile and say doesn't matter, we can and will repossess daughter's car if the co-signer doesn't sign/file the reaff. I said I've got the Code in front of me, please point that out to me, and
as soon as you do, I'll immediateyl forward it along to the client. Their response was literally silence, followed by they're not going to discuss the matter.
In any case, am I wrong? Seems patently absurd, and I can't find anything in the Code supporting their position.
Todd Mannis, Esq.
Calabasas

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

My client co-signs for daughter's car with Ford Motor Credit. Cooksey sends their usual reaffirmation agreement. I call them up and tell them that in this particular case, parent co-signed for daughter, who did not file, and daughter will still make payments, etc. No reason for mom to sign a reaff. Their response was to get hostile and say doesn't matter, we can and will repossess daughter's car if the co-signer doesn't sign/file the reaff. I said I've got the Code in front of me, please point that out to me, and as soon as you do, I'll immediateyl forward it along to the client. Their response was literally silence, followed by they're not going to discuss the matter.
Todd Mannis, Esq.
Calabasas

The post was migrated from Yahoo.