Chapter 13 PC sole proprietor business needs credit card

Yahoo Bot

Client can buy a secured credit card at many retail stores. No credit involved.
Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 27, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Jason Wallach wrote:
> PC spouse has a sole proprietor business as a decorator, which requires credit card purchase for customers who promptly reimburse, or maybe even pay in advance. Client uses one credit card, which is in good standing, and has a trivial amount of debt carried on it.
> A. Am I correct that credit card issuer will immediately cut off the card upon electronic or paper notice of the Chapter 13 filing? and
> B. Don't the Chapter 13 local rules and Trustee's practices prohibit any credit card use by debtors post petition?
> Any solutions already been used or tested?
> Is the only alternative to buy COD?
> Advice please.
> Thanks.
> Jason
> Jason Wallach
> jwallach@gladstonemichel.com
>
>
>
>
> TODAY(Beta) Powered by Yahoo!
> Online survey reveals age we're happiest
> Privacy Policy
>
>
Client can buy a secured credit card at many retail stores. No credit involved. Sent from my iPhoneOn Mar 27, 2012, at 10:26 AM, Jason Wallach <jwallach@gladstonemichel.com> wrote:

PC spouse has a sole proprietor business as a decorator, which requires credit card purchase for customers who promptly reimburse, or maybe even pay in advance. Client uses one credit card, which is in good standing, and has a trivial amount of debt carried on it.
A. Am I correct that credit card issuer will immediately cut off the card upon electronic or paper notice of the Chapter 13 filing? and
B. Don't the Chapter 13 local rules and Trustee's practices prohibit any credit card use by debtors post petition?
Any solutions already been used or tested?
Is the only alternative to buy COD?
Advice please.
Thanks.
Jason
Jason Wallach

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

What about having them use a check card? It has the convenience of a
credit card but only withdraws funds that are in the debtors checking
account.
On Mar 27, 2012 10:27 AM, "Jason Wallach"
wrote:
> **
>
>
> PC spouse has a sole proprietor business as a decorator, which requires
> credit card purchase for customers who promptly reimburse, or maybe even
> pay in advance. Client uses one credit card, which is in good standing, and
> has a trivial amount of debt carried on it.
> A. Am I correct that credit card issuer will immediately cut off the card
> upon electronic or paper notice of the Chapter 13 filing? and
> B. Don't the Chapter 13 local rules and Trustee's practices prohibit any
> credit card use by debtors post petition?
> Any solutions already been used or tested?
> Is the only alternative to buy COD?
> Advice please.
> Thanks.
> Jason
> Jason Wallach
> jwallach@gladstonemichel.com
>
>
>
What about having them use a check card? It has the convenience of a credit card but only withdraws funds that are in the debtors checking account.
On Mar 27, 2012 10:27 AM, "Jason Wallach" <jwallach@gladstonemichel.com> wrote:
PC spouse has a sole proprietor business as a decorator, which requires credit card purchase for customers who promptly reimburse, or maybe even pay in advance. Client uses one credit card, which is in good standing, and has a trivial amount of debt carried on it.
A. Am I correct that credit card issuer will immediately cut off the card upon electronic or paper notice of the Chapter 13 filing? and

Yahoo Bot

B. Don't the Chapter 13 local rules and Trustee's practices prohibit any credit card use by debtors post petition?
Any solutions already been used or tested?
Is the only alternative to buy COD?
Advice please.
Thanks.
Jason
Jason Wallach
jwallach@gladstonemichel.com