Order on Motion to Reopen/Chapter 7

Yahoo Bot

charsetndows-1252
If it is form order F5010-1.10, and the court checked box 1, then you would have to file the conversion before filing the OF23. Because it is only a period up to 30 days; if you file the OF23 first, the clerk might discharge and close the case before you file the conversion. And if you don't file the OF23, the judge might be annoyed that you used or abused a procedure designed for a specific situation, with no intention of performing it.
Jason
JASON WALLACH, ESQ.
Gladstone Michel Weisberg Willner & Sloane, ALC
4551 Glencoe Avenue, Suite 300
Marina del Rey CA 90292-7925
Tel: (310) 821-9000
Direct: (310) 775-8725
Fax: (310) 775-8775
Email: jwallach@ gladstonemichel.com
www. gladstonemichel.com
On Dec 13, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Jan Quaglia wrote:
> Hello fellow listmates-
>
> I have a joint Chapter 7 case that received the Order this week for allowing time to file their financial certificates.
> The husband comes to me now and has raised the question of whether they can convert their case to a 13 because their income level has changed.
>
> The question is this. Is this order specifically just for filing the financial certificates? Can I convert this case during the 30 days that it is open?
> Has anyone else had this come up?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jan Quaglia
>
>
charsetndows-1252
If it is form order F5010-1.10, and the court checked box 1, then you would have to file the conversion before filing the OF23. Because it is only a period up to 30 days; if you file the OF23 first, the clerk might discharge and close the case before you file the conversion. And if you don't file the OF23, the judge might be annoyed that you used or abused a procedure designed for a specific situation, with no intention of performing it.Jason
-- JASON WALLACH, ESQ.Gladstone Michel Weisberg Willner & Sloane, ALC4551 Glencoe Avenue, Suite 300Marina del Rey CA 90292-7925Tel: (310) 821-9000Direct: (310) 775-8725Fax: (310) 775-8775Email: jwallach@ gladstonemichel.comwww. gladstonemichel.com
On Dec 13, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Jan Quaglia wrote:

Hello fellow listmates-
I have a joint Chapter 7 case that received the Order this week for allowing time to file their financial certificates.
The husband comes to me now and has raised the question of whether they can convert their case to a 13 because their income level has changed.
The question is this. Is this order specifically just for filing the financial certificates? Can I convert this case during the 30 days that it is open?
Has anyone else had this come up?
Thank you,
Jan Quaglia

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Hello fellow listmates-
I have a joint Chapter 7 case that received the Order this week for allowing time to file their financial certificates.
The husband comes to me now and has raised the question of whether they can convert their case to a 13 because their income level has changed.
The question is this. Is this order specifically just for filing the financial certificates? Can I convert this case during the 30 days that it is open?
Has anyone else had this come up?
Thank you,
Jan Quaglia

The post was migrated from Yahoo.