Financial Literacy Outreach for the Military

Yahoo Bot

Dear Colleagues!
I am attaching an article that was circulated by the Judges for our most recent Bar Advisory Board meeting regarding possible financial literacy advice or other outreach to the military community. The article, granted is a little wordy, was written by a law clerk in Boston about the Boston Bar Association's outreach to the military community. It started as financial literacy outreach by a bankruptcy attorney and then expanded address broader issues faced by the military and veterans. One of our judges spoke with the attorney featured in the article, Don Lassman, and he indicated that he would be happy to speak with the Central District judges and anyone interested in trying to start a similar program in LA.
Since then, the Judges have run into Adam Siegler (Of Counsel for Greenberg Traurig, LLP | 1840 Century Park East Suite 1900 | Los Angeles, CA 90067-2121) who serves as the Chair of the Armed Forces Committee at LACBA. They also operate the free legal clinic for Veterans at Patriotic Hall. They have been in discussions with several banks about the possibility of conducting financialliteracy classes at the Bob Hope Patriotic Hall (downtown LA -- just past the Convention Center on Figueroa) and he is eager to energize this process with us. There is a great interest within the LA County Bar's Veteran's Legal Services Project to expand into the area of financial literacy training for veterans in Los Angeles.
As a former military brat, I am interested in this project as my way to give back for all the benefits I and my family have received being connected with the military service of my father. Since we would not have to recreate a program here and can assist the LACBA, I was wondering if there are others in our bar association that would also be interested in seeing how we may assist in this worthwhile endeavor. Please let me know.
Keith A. Higginbotham

HIGGINBOTHAM LAW GROUP
255 S. Grand Avenue, Suite #2109
Los Angeles, CA 90012-3045
Phone: 213.620.0176
***NEW CONCURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS:***
HigginbothamLaw@gmail.com
Dear Colleagues!
I am attaching an article that was circulated by the Judges for our most recent Bar Advisory Board meeting regarding possible financial literacy advice or other outreach to the military community. The article, granted is a little wordy, was written by a law clerk in Boston about the Boston Bar Association's outreach to the military community. It started as financial literacy outreach by a bankruptcy attorney and then expanded address broader issues faced by the military and veterans. One of our judges spoke with the attorney featured in the article, Don Lassman, and he indicated that he would be happy to speak with the Central District judges and anyone interested in trying to start a similar program in LA.
Since then, the Judges have run into Adam Siegler (Of Counsel for Greenberg Traurig, LLP | 1840 Century Park East Suite 1900 | Los Angeles, CA 90067-2121) who serves as the Chair of the Armed Forces Committee at LACBA. They also operate the free legal clinic for Veterans at Patriotic Hall. They have been in discussions with several banks about the possibility of conducting financial
literacy classes at the Bob Hope Patriotic Hall (downtown LA -- just past the Convention Center on Figueroa) and he is eager to energize this process with us. There is a great interest within the LA County Bar's Veteran's Legal Services Project to expand into the area of financial literacy training for veterans in Los Angeles.
As a former military brat, I am interested in this project as my way to give back for all the benefits I and my family have received being connected with the military service of my father. Since we would not have to recreate a program here and can assist the LACBA, I was wondering if there are others in our bar association that would also be interested in seeing how we may assist in this worthwhile endeavor. Please let me know.

Keith A. Higginbotham

HIGGINBOTHAM LAW GROUP
255 S. Grand Avenue, Suite #2109
Los Angeles, CA 90012-3045
Phone: 213.620.0176

***NEW CONCURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS:***
HigginbothamLaw@gmail.com
namenancialLiteracyOutreachMilitary.pdf

The post was migrated from Yahoo.