Franchise Tax Board Lien Issue

Yahoo Bot

Hello Tuan:There are two things I might do here, given that the FTB has been unhelpful.First, I research recorded documents through courthousedirect.com. You pay a small fee to download recorded documents when you find them, and it's the best way I know of to research Los Angeles County's recorded documents. You can search based on the grantor's name (your client) and the grantee's ("Franchise") and narrow the search by dates.If you still don't find the lien, you've done some due diligence. File the case assuming that there is no other lien out there. If there is, it's up to the FTB to come back and tell you what you missed. Just because it's on a credit report doesn't mean it's out there. You might also send a letter to the FTB asking them to research the lien, but you won't get an answer before Christmas (or the Solstice, depending on your faith community).- John D. Faucher818/889-8080
On Tuesday, September 15, 2015 4:13 PM, "tuanl@stevelopezlaw.com [cdcbaa]" wrote:
Dear List,
I have a PC and discovered through pulling a credit report that he has tax two liens filed against him by the FTB. I have contacted the LA county recorders office and they were able to locate one of the liens (the smaller of two) and said that I needed to provide a Doc number for the other one. I tried calling the FTB and they couldn't help nor provide any instructions on how to go about getting a copy of the lien/debt. Does anyone have a contact number for the FTB or can provide any insight into confirming that the other lien does in fact exist? This will be a Chap 13 case and all assets of the PC will need to be used to pay FTB to get a release of lien.
Thanks,
Tuan Le
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain confidential informationand may also be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, asindicated above, please notify us immediately. In such event, you shouldnot copy or use this e-mail for any purpose nor disclose its contents toanyone. Enclosed information and attachments remain the property of the LAWOFFICE OF STEVE LOPEZ. Opinions, conclusions, attachments, and neitherinformation in this message that do not relate to the official business of theLAW OFFICE OF STEVE LOPEZ should be understood as my personal responsibility,and as neither given nor endorsed by the LAW OFFICE OF STEVE LOPEZ.

The post was migrated from Yahoo.