Brief that Exemptions are freely amendable

Yahoo Bot

Thank you Pat.
I also found the Supreme Court case of Law v. Siegel, 134 S. Ct. 1188 (2014) in which they cannot even surcharge exemptions for bad faith any more.
I forgot about that case. It makes it a matter of state law that is the Debtor's choice and even the court cannot choose for them.
I don't expect too many more of these kinds of outcomes for the Debtor's bar in the future.
Steve

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

In re Michael 163 F3d 778
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Pat
Patrick T. Green
1010 E. Union St. Ste. 206
Pasadena, CA 91106
Ph: 626-449-8433
Fax: 626-449-0565
Email: pat@fitzgreenlaw.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal. If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission.

Yahoo Bot

FRBP 1009
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Pat
Patrick T. Green
1010 E. Union St. Ste. 206
Pasadena, CA 91106
Ph: 626-449-8433
Fax: 626-449-0565
Email: pat@fitzgreenlaw.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal. If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission.

Yahoo Bot

Does anyone have quick access to case law that I think is pretty well settled - so I've never had to argue it-that exemptions are freely amendable by the Debtor.
This is not the typical matter where I'm fighting a Trustee and not central to my defense-it's a belligerent creditor in a 522(f) and pretty peripheral, so I'm looking for a quick little shortcut.
Just looking for a case number or name of a case where you may have addressed it and I can get it from PACER
Thank you
Steve
Law Offices of Steven B. Lever
Steven B. Lever
* Tel. (562) 436-5456 ext. 1
* Fax (562) 485-6886
* sblever@leverlaw.com
www.leverlaw.com
This Internet e-mail contains confidential information
which is intended only for the addressee and which may
be privileged under applicable law. Do not read, copy
or disseminate it if you are not the addressee. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete it. Thank you.
Does anyone have quick access to case law that I