Fwd: Invitation to 11/3/17 Lunchtime Mentoring Event

Yahoo Bot

Dear Colleagues!
Please review the below listing mentoring lunch put on by the Court. It is a lot of fun. I would recommend participating in the event. From personal experiences, it is very rewarding.
Keith Higginbotham
cdcbaacheck@aol.com
Hello,
Please join us on Friday, November 3, 2017,for a lunchtime mentoring event with 50 high school students from New DesignsCharter School (New Designs). During the mentoring lunch, which willbe held from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. in Room 283 of the Roybal FederalBuilding (255 E. Temple Street, Los Angeles), the mentors (judges,lawyers and other professionals) will share lunch with students from NewDesigns and discuss the students' plans after graduation and beyond.
This event will be similar to other lunchtimeevents that we have hosted but with a twist. Based on feedback thatwe have received over the years from our volunteers, we will not be playingLegal Jeopardy! Instead, there will be more time to speak with andget to know the students and hopefully more of an opportunity to developmentoring relationships.
We are hoping to have 9th Circuit, District,Magistrate and Bankruptcy judges participate in the November 3rdlunchtime mentoring event. If you are interested in participating,we would love to have you join us. Please respond to me and to SandiBrask, sandi_brask@cacb.uscourts.gov,by Friday, October 27, 2017, to let us know whether you will beable to attend. If you know of anyone else who might be interestedin participating, please send us their name and email address.
I hope to see you on November 3rd!
Thanks and best regards,
Dear Colleagues!
Please review the below listing mentoring lunch put on by the Court. It is a lot of fun. I would recommend participating in the event. From personal experiences, it is very rewarding.
Keith Higginbotham
cdcbaacheck@aol.com
Hello,
Please join us on Friday, November 3, 2017,
for a lunchtime mentoring event with 50 high school students from New Designs
Charter School (New Designs). During the mentoring lunch, which will
be held from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. in Room 283 of the Roybal Federal
Building (255 E. Temple Street, Los Angeles), the mentors (judges,
lawyers and other professionals) will share lunch with students from New
Designs and discuss the students' plans after graduation and beyond.
This event will be similar to other lunchtime
events that we have hosted but with a twist. Based on feedback that
we have received over the years from our volunteers, we will not be playing
Legal Jeopardy! Instead, there will be more time to speak with and
get to know the students and hopefully more of an opportunity to develop
mentoring relationships.
We are hoping to have 9th Circuit, District,
Magistrate and Bankruptcy judges participate in the November 3rd
lunchtime mentoring event. If you are interested in participating,
we would love to have you join us. Please respond to me and to Sandi

The post was migrated from Yahoo.