Reaff hearings - do both debtors have to be present if they're both on the agreement?

Yahoo Bot

It is, but it's not. Was a debt incurred during marriage where there is no separate property.
Sent from my iPhone
Law Office of Eric Alan Mitnick
(310) 792-5864 MitnickLaw@aol.com
Communications and attachments may be confidential and attorney-client privileged.
On Sep 24, 2012, at 9:42 PM, Holly Roark wrote:
> Well that's a little different. In my case they're both on the loan.
>
> Holly Roark
> holly@roarklawoffices.com
> www.roarklawoffices.com
> Central District of California
> Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
> 1875 Century Park East, Suite 600
> Los Angeles, CA 90067
> T (310) 553-2600
> F (310) 553-2601
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Office wrote:
>
> My client just had one in OC where only he was on the Ioan in a joint case. Only he went to the reaffirmation hearing. Approved.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Law Office of Eric Alan Mitnick
> (310) 792-5864 MitnickLaw@aol.com
> Communications and attachments may be confidential and attorney-client privileged.
>
> On Sep 24, 2012, at 8:55 PM, Holly Roark wrote:
>
>>
>> I would think that both debtors need to be present at the reaff hearing if they're both on the contract, but I have a client whose joint debtor wife cannot get off work to go to the hearing (or so she says). Can the Debtor (only) show up? He is going to ask for the agreement to be disapproved as not being in their best interest. It's my understanding that having it disapproved on those grounds is much different from having it disapproved for failure to appear. We want the benefit of the ride through, so we want the judge to disapprove it as not being in their best interest but I am not sure whether we can get that ruling if the joint debtor fails to appear. Do you know?
>>
>> The case is with BR in LA.
>>
>>
>> Holly Roark
>> holly@roarklawoffices.com
>> www.roarklawoffices.com
>> Central District of California
>> Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
>> 1875 Century Park East, Suite 600
>> Los Angeles, CA 90067
>> T (310) 553-2600
>> F (310) 553-2601
>>
>>
>
>
>
It is, but it's not. Was a debt incurred during marriage where there is no separate property. Sent from my iPhoneLaw Office of Eric Alan Mitnick (310) 792-5864 MitnickLaw@aol.comCommunications and attachments may be confidential and attorney-client privileged. On Sep 24, 2012, at 9:42 PM, Holly Roark <hollyroark22@gmail.com> wrote:

Well that's a little different. In my case they're both on the loan.Holly Roark
holly@roarklawoffices.com
www.roarklawoffices.com
Central District of California
Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
1875 Century Park East, Suite 600
Los Angeles, CA 90067
T (310) 553-2600
F (310) 553-2601

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Office <mitnicklaw@aol.com> wrote:
The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

My client just had one in OC where only he was on the Ioan in a joint case. Only he went to the reaffirmation hearing. Approved.
Sent from my iPhone
Law Office of Eric Alan Mitnick
(310) 792-5864 MitnickLaw@aol.com
Communications and attachments may be confidential and attorney-client privileged.
On Sep 24, 2012, at 8:55 PM, Holly Roark wrote:
> I would think that both debtors need to be present at the reaff hearing if they're both on the contract, but I have a client whose joint debtor wife cannot get off work to go to the hearing (or so she says). Can the Debtor (only) show up? He is going to ask for the agreement to be disapproved as not being in their best interest. It's my understanding that having it disapproved on those grounds is much different from having it disapproved for failure to appear. We want the benefit of the ride through, so we want the judge to disapprove it as not being in their best interest but I am not sure whether we can get that ruling if the joint debtor fails to appear. Do you know?
>
> The case is with BR in LA.
>
>
> Holly Roark
> holly@roarklawoffices.com
> www.roarklawoffices.com
> Central District of California
> Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney
> 1875 Century Park East, Suite 600
> Los Angeles, CA 90067
> T (310) 553-2600
> F (310) 553-2601
>
>
>
My client just had one in OC where only he was on the Ioan in a joint case. Only he went to the reaffirmation hearing. Approved. Sent from my iPhoneLaw Office of Eric Alan Mitnick (310) 792-5864 MitnickLaw@aol.comCommunications and attachments may be confidential and attorney-client privileged. On Sep 24, 2012, at 8:55 PM, Holly Roark <hollyroark22@gmail.com> wrote:

I would think that both debtors need to be present at the reaff hearing if they're both on the contract, but I have a client whose joint debtor wife cannot get off work to go to the hearing (or so she says). Can the Debtor (only) show up? He is going to ask for the agreement to be disapproved as not being in their best interest. It's my understanding that having it disapproved on those grounds is much different from having it disapproved for failure to appear. We want the benefit of the ride through, so we want the judge to disapprove it as not being in their best interest but I am not sure whether we can get that ruling if the joint debtor fails to appear. Do you know?
The case is with BR in LA.
The post was migrated from Yahoo.