re: Material Change to Unsecured Creditors after Approval of Disclosure Statement (Individual Chapter 11 case)

Yahoo Bot

To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: groups-system
Hi list mates,
I was hoping to get some thoughts on the following fact pattern.
Individual Chapter 11 case in front of Judge Zurzolo. The Disclosure Statement has been approved and the voting package has been sent to creditors. The Voting deadline is March 31, 2014.
Confirmation is set for late June.
Due to a deal worked out with a secured lender after approval of the Disclosure Statement, Debtor's disposable income will drop (because payment to one of the secured creditors will rise) and we will be providing a lower dividend to unsecured creditors. I believe this is a material change that requires an amended disclosures statement and plan.
Judge Zurzolo requires a Motion to approve a Disclosure Statement set on at least 21 days notice. Is there any way to expedite this process without filing a new Motion to Approve Disclosure Statement?
Right now, I plan on filing a new Motion to Approve Disclosure Statement (with a new voting deadline) after filing the Amended redlined Disclosure Statement and Plan.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
- David
David S. Shevitz, Esq.
Ure Law Firm
811 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Telephone: (213) 202-6070
Facsimile: (213) 202-6075
Email: david@urelawfirm.com

The post was migrated from Yahoo.