Yahoo Bot

Why is it not a jmt?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Sender: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 15:33:20
To:
Reply-To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [cdcbaa] Adversary Proceeding Procedure Regarding Judgments
A client filed an adversary proceeding against a debtor for fraud. This proceeding settled. Specifically, it produced an order approving the stipulation that the debtor repay the settlement amount over a period of years.
I am now confused about the procedure going forward. Specifically, since the order is not a judgment, enforcement in state court would seem to be not possible. Is there some procedure to convert the order to a judgment, or do I simply need to convince the state court actors that the order is a final? Thanks in advance!

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

The order is a judgment.
Giovanni Orantes, Esq.
Orantes Law Firm, P.C.
3435 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1980
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Tel: (213) 389-4362
Fax: (877) 789-5776
e-mail: go@gobklaw.com
WE ARE A "DEBT RELIEF AGENCY" AS DEFINED BY FEDERAL LAW.
SERVING BAKERSFIELD, LOS ANGELES, ORANGE COUNTY, RIVERSIDE, SAN BERNARDINO
AND SANTA BARBARA.
The order is a judgment.-- Giovanni Orantes, Esq. Orantes Law Firm, P.C.3435 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1980Los Angeles, CA 90010Tel: (213) 389-4362Fax: (877) 789-5776e-mail: go@gobklaw.com
website: www.gobklaw.comWE ARE A "DEBT RELIEF AGENCY" AS DEFINED BY FEDERAL LAW.SERVING BAKERSFIELD, LOS ANGELES, ORANGE COUNTY, RIVERSIDE, SAN BERNARDINO AND SANTA BARBARA.

Yahoo Bot

A client filed an adversary proceeding against a debtor for fraud. This proceeding settled. Specifically, it produced an order approving the stipulation that the debtor repay the settlement amount over a period of years.
I am now confused about the procedure going forward. Specifically, since the order is not a judgment, enforcement in state court would seem to be not possible. Is there some procedure to convert the order to a judgment, or do I simply need to convince the state court actors that the order is a final? Thanks in advance!