Invitation for Public Comment on the Reappointment of U.S.

Yahoo Bot

Dear Fellow Members!
I am writing to you to inform you that Judge Tighe is up for Reappointment. Because of her many wonderful qualities -- both on and off the bench, I am asking you to consider writing a letter in support of her reappointment. The Board of cdcbaa has voted to write a letter on her behalf and I have contacted all of the local bar associations to request that they do the same. It would be great if you would write a letter yourselves. When a Judge is up for reappointment, she/he gets to read all of the letters submitted.
This provides an excellent opportunity for our respective Bar Associations to come together and to give back to the Court.
Thank you Grace and Gaurav for your initial assistance here!
Here is the formal announcement:
Dear Members:
The current term of the Honorable Maureen A. Tighe, U.S . Bankruptcy Judge for the Central District of California, is due to expire in November 2017. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is considering the reappointment of Judge Tighe to a new 14 year term of office. The Court invites comments from the bar and public about Judge Tighe's performance as a bankruptcy judge. The duties of a bankruptcy judge are specified by statute, and include conducting hearings and trials, making final determinations, and entering orders and judgments.
Members of the bar and public are invited to submit comments concerning Judge Tighe for consideration by the Court of Appeals in determining whether or not to reappoint her. Anonymous responses will not be accepted. However, respondents who do not wish to have their identities disclosed should so indicate in the response, and such requests will be honored.
Comments should be submitted no later than Friday, March 24, 2017, to the following address:
Office of the Circuit Executive
P .0. Box 193939
San Francisco, CA 94119-3939
Attn: Reappointment of U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Tighe
Email: Personnel@ce9.uscourts.gov
Keith A. Higginbotham
HIGGINBOTHAM LAW GROUP
255 S. Grand Avenue, Suite #2109
Los Angeles, CA 90012-3045
Phone: 213.620.0176
***NEW CONCURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS:***
HigginbothamLaw@gmail.com