Diskette/CD-Room for filing with over 100 creditors

Yahoo Bot

I have a case with over 100 creditors that I electronically filed and creditors were electronically uploaded, etc. In the good old pre ECF days we had to provide the court a diskette. Why in the world would I need to provide the Court with a disk/CD with the creditors if electronically filed? I tried to figure out if it is necessary and if so why. Ultimately, for once, common sense prevailed and it is not necessary. However, what a mishmash of conflicting technical requirements in different locations the court has on its website! Some say it must be produced on a diskette and some saying on a CD-Rom. All refer to Local Bankruptcy Rule 1007-2(c). There is no such local rule anymore. A cross reference reflects that Local Rule 1007-2 is now part of Local Rule 1007-1. Yet when I read that it says nothing about requiring a Diskette/CD-Rom if over a 100 creditors regardless of whether filed over manually or electronically. I checked the new local rules effective January 4, 2010, says nothing. The ECF manual says you have to provide the cd-rom if electronically filing. Ultimately 45 minutes later, the only place I found that clearly exempts electronic filing is Exhibit 3 to the Court Manual. I have a headache!
Mark Jessee

The post was migrated from Yahoo.