Attorney's and Accountant Fees Incurred in Divorce P=

Yahoo Bot

please read 523(a)(15)
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2011 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: [cdcbaa] Attorney's and Accountant Fees Incurred in Divorce Proceedings: Consumer Debt?
I have a discharged ch7 case where the divorce attorney for ex-W keeps on writing that his pre-petition fees that the court had ordered the former H (my client) to pay was not discharged. My understanding is that unless the court order was a part of spousal support the fee is dischargeable, and has been discharged as the attorney has not filed adv. case. Will any one give me more definite answer?
>Subject: RE: [cdcbaa] Attorney's and Accountant Fees Incurred in Divorce Proceedings: Consumer Debt?
>To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
>Date: Saturday, November 5, 2011, 3:04 PM
>
>
>
>The Code defines consumer debt as debts incurred by an individual primarily for a personal, family, or household purpose. There is nothing quite as personal a nasty divorce and it has everything to do with family and household. Even if the battle was over characterization of business assets, it doesnt smell like, walk like or talk like anything but personal.
>
>BTW and rhetorically: in retrospect, does she think she got her monies worth?
>
>If you have any questions or concerns please contact me.
>
>Pat
>
>Patrick T. Green
>Attorney at Law
>1010 E. Union St. Suite 206
>Pasadena, CA 91106
>Tel: 626-449-8433
>Fax: 626-449-0565
>Email: pat@fitzgreenlaw.com
>
>
>
>From:cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com [mailto:cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kenneth Schwartz
>Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:16 PM
>To: cdcbaa@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [cdcbaa] Attorney's and Accountant Fees Incurred in Divorce Proceedings: Consumer Debt?
>
>
>PC owes $475,000 to her Family law counsel and the cpas relating to her divorce. Consumer debt regarding the Means Test?

The post was migrated from Yahoo.