To Sub In or Not To Sub In

Yahoo Bot

Rara is all u need.
Sent from my iPhone
On Nov 15, 2011, at 8:30 PM, "JMB2BLB" wrote:
> A potential client has filed a Ch13 BK, "in pro per," and now needs to retain counsel to help straighten out his paperwork, Ch13 plan etc. etc.
>
> I've never been asked to "sub-in" before. Questions arise that if I do decide to take on this matter, what fees and/or costs can I charge, if any, without prior court approval? Or, is my gut correct in believing that there will need to be a motion or application "to employ along professional," along with an explanation of the fees paid, to be paid and the source of those funds??
>
>
Rara is all u need. Sent from my iPhoneOn Nov 15, 2011, at 8:30 PM, "JMB2BLB" <jboyko@gmail.com> wrote:

A potential client has filed a Ch13 BK, "in pro per," and now needs to retain counsel to help straighten out his paperwork, Ch13 plan etc. etc.
I've never been asked to "sub-in" before. Questions arise that if I do decide to take on this matter, what fees and/or costs can I charge, if any, without prior court approval? Or, is my gut correct in believing that there will need to be a motion or application "to employ along professional," along with an explanation of the fees paid, to be paid and the source of those funds??

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

A potential client has filed a Ch13 BK, "in pro per," and now needs to retain counsel to help straighten out his paperwork, Ch13 plan etc. etc.
I've never been asked to "sub-in" before. Questions arise that if I do decide to take on this matter, what fees and/or costs can I charge, if any, without prior court approval? Or, is my gut correct in believing that there will need to be a motion or application "to employ along professional," along with an explanation of the fees paid, to be paid and the source of those funds??

The post was migrated from Yahoo.