Getting paid for extra litigation

Yahoo Bot

shawn:
anyone can ask for a retainer. However, to take one from the estate, postpetition, the court must approve. In 13's, since you have probably submitted a thin budget, from what source will the money arise? If the source is momma or daddy, no big deal, but if from the estate, notice creditors of the retainer, file a motion to approve, and then be ready to explain why the creditors shoud pay for the adversarial defense.
Again, of course, if the plan is 100 percent and you are representing a client with a Michael Jordan like salary, no problem. Tight budget, big problem.
d

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

Thank you, oe more question.
What about a different attorney, who had no prior connection to the case, hired to defend an adversary? Can he ask for a retainer?
Shawn
>
> No retainer postpetition. Do the work, do a fee app. "pre" is a prefix, not a pre fix, not a pre-fix.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 13, 2010, at 7:35 PM, "shawnswhite" wrote:
>
> I have a 13 pre confirmation who has been hit with multiple Adversary Proceedings and Objections to Confirmation, Objections to his Exemptions and more.
>
> He would like me to represent him in the APs but my question is - how do I get paid? I can't ask him for a retainer pre-confirmation right?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Shawn
>

Yahoo Bot

No retainer postpetition. Do the work, do a fee app. "pre" is a prefix, not a pre fix, not a pre-fix.
Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 13, 2010, at 7:35 PM, "shawnswhite" wrote:
I have a 13 pre confirmation who has been hit with multiple Adversary Proceedings and Objections to Confirmation, Objections to his Exemptions and more.
He would like me to represent him in the APs but my question is - how do I get paid? I can't ask him for a retainer pre-confirmation right?
Thank you,
Shawn
No retainer postpetition. Do the work, do a fee app. "pre" is a prefix, not a pre fix, not a pre-fix.Sent from my iPhoneOn Aug 13, 2010, at 7:35 PM, "shawnswhite" <shawn@cabankrupt.com> wrote:

I have a 13 pre confirmation who has been hit with multiple Adversary Proceedings and Objections to Confirmation, Objections to his Exemptions and more.
He would like me to represent him in the APs but my question is - how do I get paid? I can't ask him for a retainer pre-confirmation right?
Thank you,
Shawn

Yahoo Bot

Thank you,
Shawn