>
> Need some help. We've just upgraded software from an old package to
> try to get:
> a-good networking capability
> b-good e filing ability - hopefully including local local forms
> c-ease of data entry
>
> the upgrade we purchase was from an eastern company, Blumberg, and it
> just doesn't do what we need here in LA.
>
> Can some of you post what software you are using and whether you
> recommned it?
>
> thanks,
>
> dennis
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>

The post was migrated from Yahoo.
Yahoo Bot

I use Collier Top Form which I am quite happy with, although I admit I have
not addressed the networking issues you are facing. But their tech support
has been first-rate, the product generates good-looking documents, and I
would recommend it (except for the Chapter 13 plan calculator, but then I
have not seen bankruptcy software that is truly "smart" enough to fill out
a Chapter 13 plan, and with the adoption of the mandatory form in our
district, there's no need to try to fit your client's square peg into the
software's round holes).
Silvio Nardoni
Glendale, CA

Yahoo Bot

Dennis

I have used Matthew Bender's TopForm for more than a decade. Works fine...but I haven't used it to eFile. The instructors at the BK Ct Clerk's office told me that TopForm user's are not having any trouble eFiling...but I have no first hand experience.

Dennis...are our members aware that eFiling of chpt 7 petitions by Attys may be mandatory as early as June 1, 2004?

Are they aware of the FREE classes being taught by the Clerk's office. I think Tue & Thur AM. I attended the class on Thur May 6. It was a very good class..with handouts, a power point presentation and a limited, though effective, hands on session. The coffee, donuts and water weren't too bad either.

The members might want to contact Lorraine Bolden, Team Leader 213.894.3901 for more information and to enroll in a class. The classroom was half empty last week.

They give the attendees a laminated Quick Reference card [in addition to a pretty good handout]...and promise to be available to answer questions via telephone on a real time basis [we'll see].

FYI you also need to have installed the Writer version of Adobe Acrobat. The reader is free but I understand the writer is about $300. In addition you will need a scanner because there is one signature page that must be electronically sent to the Clerk's office to complete a eFiling.

Just tyring to "keep up" these days can be quite time consuming and expensive....

In the meantime I continue to be
Joyously grateful

John O. Adams, Esq

8383 Wilshire Blvd #919
Bev Hills CA 90211
Fx 323.658.8948
Dennis McGoldrick wrote:
Hello everyone:
Need some help. We've just upgraded software from an old package to
try to get:
a-good networking capability
b-good e filing ability - hopefully including local local forms
c-ease of data entry
the upgrade we purchase was from an eastern company, Blumberg, and it
just doesn't do what we need here in LA.
Can some of you post what software you are using and whether you
recommned it?
thanks,
dennis
Yahoo! Groups Links
Dennis

I have used Matthew Bender's TopForm for more than a decade. Works fine...but I haven't used it to eFile. The instructors at the BK Ct Clerk's office told me that TopForm user's are not having any trouble eFiling...but I have no first hand experience.

Dennis...are our members aware that eFiling of chpt 7 petitions by Attys may be mandatory as early as June 1, 2004?

Are they aware of the FREE classes being taught by the Clerk's office. I think Tue & Thur AM. I attended the class on Thur May 6. It was a very good class..with handouts, a power point presentation and a limited, though effective, hands on session. The coffee, donuts and water weren't too bad either.

The members might want to contact Lorraine Bolden, Team Leader 213.894.3901 for more information and to enroll in a class. The classroom was half empty last week.

They give the attendees a laminated Quick Reference card [in addition to a pretty good handout]...and promise to be available to answer questions via telephone on a real time basis [we'll see].

FYI you also need to have installed the Writer version of Adobe Acrobat. The reader is free but I understand the writer is about $300. In addition you will need a scanner because there is one signature page that must be electronically sent to the Clerk's office to complete a eFiling.

Just tyring to "keep up" these days can be quite time consuming and expensive....

In the meantime I continue to be
Joyously grateful

John O. Adams, Esq

8383 Wilshire Blvd #919
Bev Hills CA 90211
Fx 323.658.8948
Dennis McGoldrick <easky1@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello everyone:Need some help. We've just upgraded software from an old package to try to get:a-good networking capabilityb-good e filing ability - hopefully including local local formsc-ease of data entrythe upgrade we purchase was from an eastern company, Blumberg, and it just doesn't do what we need here in LA.Can some of you post what software you are using and whether you recommned it?thanks,dennisYahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cdcbaa/<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:cdcbaa-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo Bot

Hello everyone:
Need some help. We've just upgraded software from an old package to
try to get:
a-good networking capability
b-good e filing ability - hopefully including local local forms
c-ease of data entry
the upgrade we purchase was from an eastern company, Blumberg, and it
just doesn't do what we need here in LA.
Can some of you post what software you are using and whether you
recommned it?
thanks,
dennis